Silicon Valley Office - San Jose, CA
Come join the creative team at the newest company downtown San Jose where we’re taking digital way beyond websites and designing for the next generation digital engagement solutions. You’ll have the chance to expand your portfolio and gain industry experience working for our top tier customer base and also on Signet products and marketing initiatives. Our work environment is very result-driven, where self-motivated people can excel working in a casual yet professional fast-pace atmosphere. The internship position is flexible in its schedule and can work around your schedule.
The digital media designer intern position would be on the creative services team and support Signet will various tasks across our internal product design and marketing, client professional design services, and Signet internal communications. This role will work closely with other designers on research, concepts, and execution on all levels of visual design projects. The design tasks will range from branding, UI/UX, visual design, photo editing, motion graphics for projects across traditional media, new age web, mobile, large-scale media walls, and various digital displays. The creative services team is highly collaborative, within the team and also other departments at Signet, and you’ll get experience working with sales executives, project managers, other designers, developers, support engineers, and client stakeholders with their design agencies.
The ideal candidate qualities and skill set:
– Excited and passionate about design and digital media
– Be positive and always willing to bust through hurdles and problem solve creatively
– Enjoy researching amazing design for conceptual research and inspiration
– Should be a proactive self-starter with a strong attention to detail
– Collaborative and want to seek out feedback and get others involved in the solution
– Good in time management with ability to juggle multiple assignments at once
– Experienced with Adobe Creative Suite with proficiency in Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator
– Experience working with a content management system for a web property is a plus
– Have interest or experience in social media marketing a plus
– Have interest or experience in After Affects or any other video or 3D program is a plus
Signet is an innovative type of start-up company who is redefining the world of digital and pushing boundaries past the normal website and mobile app to digital canvases of over 12 thousand pixels and interactive experiences across various size devices. Signet offers an enterprise digital engagement platform with various communication and interactive products for customers to leverage across their office workplace, executive briefing centers, events and trade shows, and consumer retail spaces. You can learn more at www.Signet.tv.
Do you think you’re a good fit for our team and ready to take your design career to the next level? To apply, email a brief summary of why you’re a good fit along with your portfolio link or examples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Design Internship”.