The Senior AWS Engineer will provide support for Signet’s infrastructure across all platforms and technology stacks. This vital role performs activities across the entire life cycle of information technology systems operated for Signet.
The Senior AWS Engineer will work closely with prospect, client, and technical team members including System Engineers, Network Engineers and Application Developers to support our clients. The Senior AWS Engineer position requires strong technical, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Identify opportunities to implement best-practice-based processes and procedures to improve service levels and efficiencies
- Architect and implement Amazon Web Service-based solutions
- Plan and implement continual improvement efforts
- Assist in identification and evaluation of new technologies and development of new services
- Design and build public, hybrid, and private cloud solutions
- Share responsibility for PCI compliance of Jelecos environments
- Resolve customer requests and issues
- Work well as a member of a team
- Track time thoroughly and accurately
- Participate in after hours on call rotation
- Assist as needed with customer facing events or sales activities
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- Extensive Amazon Web Services solution design experience
- Experience architecting and implementing cloud-based solutions
- Experience working in a hybrid cloud environment a plus
- Experience working in a highly secure or PCI compliant environment
- In depth knowledge of Windows Server Operating Systems implementation and administration
- In depth knowledge of Linux Operating Systems implementation and administration
- Understanding of network architecture and troubleshooting (switches, firewalls, routers & load balancers)
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong presentation skills
- Disaster Recovery planning a plus but not required
General Knowledge and Experience:
- Must be highly self-motivated and dedicated
- Must be able to coordinate several tasks/projects at once and pivot priorities easily
- Must be a team player with a proactive, positive “can do” attitude
- Must have working knowledge and experience in a datacenter environment
- Must have working knowledge of data security best practices
- Must have outstanding written and spoken English communication skills to successfully communicate with clients.
- Desire to grow both personally and professionally
Signet is a digital media and display network solution provider specializing in content creation, management and distribution across enterprise networks and platforms.
We stay about 5 years ahead of our competitors, leveraging our clients for insight in order to deliver leading edge technology and services. We’ve hired a diverse mix of people who bring expertise from various industries and fields to create this new hybrid SaaS/ProServe model.
We’re leaders in our industry and have won multiple awards for interactive, and creative marketing. Our no-nonsense, down-to-earth attitude and close relationships turn our clients into brand evangelists. Get to work with some of the world largest and cool brands as clients: IBM, Visa, eBay, GoPro, T-Mobile, HP, Verizon, Hitachi, etc.
JOB SITE: 630 S 1st Street, San Jose, CA 95113
To apply, please send your resume and why you think you’re the right person for the job to email@example.com with the subject line “System Engineer Position”.