The Technical Support Manager oversees the group that includes Tier 1 support (first responders to the client issue) and Tier 2 support (proactive personnel bringing best practices to the client and solving customer issues). You will also oversee the team the team that manages the client relationship once a project goes live, through the transition stage and going forward. You will oversee the work of maintenance staff to ensure that all jobs (tickets) are completed on time, and to customer specifications/satisfaction.
You will be responsible for designing and implementing improved processes and/or operational policies. Managing a team of diverse and versatile technical support staff, this team will be focused on the relationships, technical troubleshooting, and support of the Signet client base. You’ll need excellent hands-on personnel management skills as well as experience managing client support in a technology environment (software). This position will report to and work closely with C-suite management.
- Develops and maintains client relationships by understanding current and future needs of clients; is a partner and provides superior client satisfaction
- Understand and develop processes that will result in customer problem solving and provide the highest level of satisfaction with fastest turnaround.
- Manage day to day operations to ensure requests are resolved in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure proper systems and team collaboration are in place to build and promote knowledge sharing.
- Sustain metrics and ensure we are meeting our customer service level agreements (SLA).
- Bring visibility of our customer base to the organization. Provide recommendations for process, as well as product through customer reporting and feed-back.
- Maintain and improve training program for new and existing customer service reps to promote quick on-boarding as well as a quick understanding of new product rollouts.
- Proactively keep in contact with strategically valuable customers for direct customer visibility.
- Mitigate customer escalation through developing direct customer resolution plan
- Maintain system and develop strategies to improve on call support.
- Motivate team through coaching, career planning, and setting individual objectives
- Maintains client contact, reviews fluctuations in the client’s needs; makes modifications in the client strategy accordingly and in so doing, identifies appropriate sales opportunities
- Manages Customer Support staff and their performance
- Oversees the transition of responsibilities from Project Management team to the Customer Support staff following new implementations
Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Minimum 3+ years Client Services/Support management experience, additional 3+ Support Engineer experience required
- BA/BS degree required; Advanced degree preferred
- Experience with a 24/7 call center system
- Experience managing a multi-tiered support process with respect to customer and business need
- Demonstrated experience in performance data measurement both day to day as well long term
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on-site training and/or presentations
- Proven experience creating technical training documentation
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written and listening
- Client Support/Technical help desk experience preferred; to include 2nd tier support
- Experience with process development and analysis
- Experience developing and implementing client service plans preferred
- Desire to build and grow a team through selfless motivation
- Can do attitude with confidence to face business challenges head on
- The capabilities of leading by example as well as by direction and vision
- A desire for constant improvement. A progressive growth mentality
- Capacity to handle challenging, and escalated situations with calm demeanor and approach
Signet is a digital media and display network solution provider specializing in content creation, management and distribution across enterprise networks and platforms.
We stay about 5 years ahead of our competitors, leveraging our clients for insight in order to deliver leading edge technology and services. We’ve hired a diverse mix of people who bring expertise from various industries and fields to create this new hybrid SaaS/ProServe model.
We’re leaders in our industry and have won multiple awards for interactive, and creative marketing. Our no-nonsense, down-to-earth attitude and close relationships turn our clients into brand evangelists. Get to work with some of the world largest and cool brands as clients: IBM, Visa, eBay, GoPro, T-Mobile, HP, Verizon, Hitachi, etc.
JOB SITE: 630 S 1st Street, San Jose, CA 95113
To apply, please send your resume and why you think you’re the right person for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Support Team Lead Position”.