The Quality Assurance Engineer will conduct thorough product testing and maintain agreed upon quality standards to provide the highest quality software products to both external and internal customers. The QA Engineer will work to understand the business requirements and objectives relative to the desired functionality of products and applications. Additionally, this role will evaluate and test new or modified software to determine that software meets user requirements and established quality standards and may provide mentoring or guidance to less experienced peers. This Quality Assurance Engineer will be embedded within Software Engineering and leverage creative and effective solutions.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle, including analyzing requirements, developing test plans, test cases, and execution of test scripts
- Writes and executes detailed test cases; performs complex manual, integration, and regression tests
- Documents software issues and enhancement requests and assists development with concise and detailed steps for duplication of the problems found while performing manual functional, integration, and regression tests
- Determines when additional initiative is required to meet scheduled work and undertakes it
- Verifies resolved JIRA issues and maintains accurate status for JIRA issues entered and assigned
- Assists fellow team members and customers with problem reporting and resolution and maintaining appropriate follow-up communications throughout the resolution process
- Responsible for QA estimation and scheduling process
Skills/Abilities and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience/knowledge desired
- 3+ years of experience in Quality Assurance required
- Knowledge and experience using Linux/Unix command line highly desired
- Knowledge and experience using version control software desired
- Knowledge of or experience in the Digital Signage business is a big plus
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Desire and ability to learn new skills and improve upon current skills
- Must be able to work independently and complete projects with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills, with both technical and non-technical team members
- Experience in test automation development, using frameworks and tools like Jasmine, Jest, Mocha, Chai, Junit, TestNG, including web UI automation tools like Selenium RC/WebDriver framework as well as REST/JSON APIs
- Working knowledge of the various types of testing, from functional testing to performance and security testing
- Knowledge of White Box Testing practices using tools like SonarQube
- using test case management tools like QAComplete, TCM or TestRail
- Experience in bug management tools like Bugzilla or JIRA and development environments like Visual Studio or Eclipse
- Working knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance
- Working knowledge of application software development lifecycle concepts and test environment and configuration management concepts in an Agile and occasionally in a traditional waterfall setting Ability to work in a group setting and collaborate by providing transparency in test results
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum models Ability to critique work of self and others constructively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic and energetic with an inherent curiosity to break code and stress test it!
Signet is a digital media and display network solution provider specializing in content creation, management and distribution across enterprise networks and platforms.
We stay about 5 years ahead of our competitors, leveraging our clients for insight in order to deliver leading edge technology and services. We’ve hired a diverse mix of people who bring expertise from various industries and fields to create this new hybrid SaaS/ProServe model.
We’re leaders in our industry and have won multiple awards for interactive, and creative marketing. Our no-nonsense, down-to-earth attitude and close relationships turn our clients into brand evangelists. Get to work with some of the world largest and cool brands as clients: IBM, Visa, eBay, GoPro, T-Mobile, HP, Verizon, Hitachi, etc.
JOB SITE: 630 S 1st Street, San Jose, CA 95113
To apply, please send your resume and why you think you’re the right person for the job to email@example.com with the subject line “Quality Assurance Engineer Position”.