The Development Lead is responsible for the software design and development of the internal information systems including ERP systems, CRM systems, web and mobile applications including back end database support. You’ll also play a pivotal role in the restructuring of the Signet platform.
You’ll manages a team of both Onshore and Offshore Application Engineers who will design solutions, create specifications, program, test, implement and optimize business specific software products to meet corporate and client needs.
- Create the systems architecture for all information systems for Signet
- Design and manage the entire Software Development Lifecycle for all custom application development
- Oversee the development, QA and production environments including change management and release management processes
- Partner with infrastructure teams to provide specifications for all new systems
- Mentor and train software development talent including design sessions and code reviews
- Build our overall framework using C#, Microsoft SQL and Java as appropriate
- Research and make recommendations on design modifications or enhancements to meet frequently changing client and compliance requirements
- Consult with corporate staff to identify potential risk mitigation opportunities that can be addressed through process change and/or automation
- Key contact between Development team and client management staff
- Manage internal development team and coding vendor relationships, defining what is worked on and priorities
- Create and maintain system architectures for the organization
- Expert knowledge in software design, database connectivity and the full development lifecycle
- Manage technical staff members across multiple technologies and locations
- Prioritize work and communicate the appropriate importance to staff
- Ensure focus for department, staff and self is on delivering results
- Make decisions with minimal external inputs
- Collaborate expertly with other teams in a cross-department environment
- Conduct research into issues, standards and products as required and communicate findings in an appropriate manner
- Present new ideas or concepts in user-friendly language
- Must be skilled in analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated strength in exceeding customer expectations
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Must be able to communicate with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Knowledge of regulatory practices and laws applicable to the industry
Technical and Functional Skills:
- Must have 7+ years’ experience leading both enterprise information systems and custom application development projects
- Proven success managing technical staff across multiple programming languages and technologies
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communications skills combined with the ability to communicate with technical, non-technical, and senior management audiences
- In-depth knowledge of Node.js application & server development on Linux environments
- Experience writing and working with RESTful APIs and data formats including JSON and XML
- Experience with both relational databases and document stores
- Experience working with Git or other revision control systems and defined coding standards
- Good handle of different data structures and algorithms as well as their relevant applications
- Experience working with interactive displays / digital systems
- Experience with media distribution systems / IO heavy lifting
- Experience with Websockets and WebRTC
- Experience with WebGL
- Multi-touch web applications (Hammer.js) and interactive realtime device inputs (TUIO, Kinect, Leap Motion, Structure)
- Developed solutions that integrated with IOT devices, arduino, or other microcontroller devices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or applicable experience
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience in a technical environment
- Minimum of 7 years of management experience in a technical environment
Signet is a digital media and display network solution provider specializing in content creation, management and distribution across enterprise networks and platforms.
We stay about 5 years ahead of our competitors, leveraging our clients for insight in order to deliver leading edge technology and services. We’ve hired a diverse mix of people who bring expertise from various industries and fields to create this new hybrid SaaS/ProServe model.
We’re leaders in our industry and have won multiple awards for interactive, and creative marketing. Our no-nonsense, down-to-earth attitude and close relationships turn our clients into brand evangelists. Get to work with some of the world largest and cool brands as clients: IBM, Visa, eBay, GoPro, T-Mobile, HP, Verizon, Hitachi, etc.
JOB SITE: 630 S 1st Street, San Jose, CA 95113
To apply, please send your resume and why you think you’re the right person for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Lead Developer Position”.